Thursday, March 5, 2015

Union

Today I proudly bring you my latest short story Union which is available at all major ebook retailers for FREE! Links down below :)








Blurb


The Union. A highly controversial new procedure that bonds two people into one body. When a couple makes the Union no thoughts are kept secret, every moment is shared, intimacy reaches a level never before imagined, and the couples' lifespan is effectively doubled. For some it's the ultimate "I do", the highest affirmation of love. To others it's unnatural, abominable and an affront to the institution of marriage.
But, no matter how you feel about the ethics, once the Union is made it's irreversible.


Frank is content living with his fiancĂ© with no set date, but plans to get married and start a family one day, the traditional way. However, as Rose grows more interested in the benefits the Union can offer the couple must make a tough decision. 
The stakes are high in this Sci-fi Thriller where “till death do us part” takes on a whole new meaning.

A Saki Short Story.


You can get your free copy here:

Itunes
Google Play
Kobo
Smashwords

Not only am I excited to take my first plunge into the world of sci-fi, (my other stories so far have been horror themed and a little dark. Read: not for everyone) I'm especially proud of Union because it represents a new era in my writing. Tea Time and Flowers were both stories that I wrote in high school and refined afterwards, but they represent a different time. A different fragment of my soul is captured in those pages, like a time capsule.

Also with this story I attempted something I haven't tried so far in my writing. Without giving away too much there is an alternate ending in this story. If you read between the lines a bit you see the events that transpired, and the reasons for those events may not be so cut-and-dry.

Okay, I'm being purposefully cryptic. I think I pulled this off well and only some astute readers will be able to figure it out, but maybe I'm wrong. In any case I look forward to your feedback. I can't wait to see if you discovered the hidden ending. Please let me know, and then we can argue about which is the "true" ending. :)
















* You wouldn't believe how much time I spent debating weather to call it The Union or just Union.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3987170/?claim=92jzdqddyb3">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your video with TheUnknownCameraman and I am truly impressed with your story and am so thankful for the opportunity to hear your commentary on the house, you have great talent and potential and I am looking forward to future publications! Write on!!!

    ReplyDelete