Saturday, June 30, 2012

Book Rotation (or Brain Confusion)

Brain Confusion is a little practice I came up with where I read one Fiction book and one Non-Fiction (motivational, self help, historical, etc..) at the same time. It's designed to work somewhat like Muscle Confusion in sports and physical training where you alternate working different muscle groups in no particular pattern, Book Rotation works the Left and Right sides of the brain (in theory at least. I'm no neuro-genius) in the same fashion.

It's probably just bro-science but I like planing my reading this way so that I'm always reading one fiction book and one non-fiction book at any given time.

However, my finished book ratio is way off. Since I started this I've breezed through 3 non fiction books in the last month and haven't even finished the one fiction book I started.
Stephen King's Night Shift


Maybe it's because I cheated.

Actually while I was reading Paulo Cohelo's The Alchemist 
I also alternated between the King book of short stories and this compilation of essays for authors Write Good or Die
But it's okay.. they're very short non-fiction books so that counts as one. Right?

To make matters worse I just finished James Allen's As a Man Thinketh 

So that makes three non-fiction books in one month and I'm not even a third of the way through Mr. King's collection.
I'm a mess.
/rant

I guess what I wanted to do with this was share my readings for the month of June, share my cockamamie brain confusion theory and hope that someone out there has similar funky reading patterns and shares my same pain.

#bookwormproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment